19 July, 2006

Habitat for Humanity

Well, I received some fun news today. I got this email from Habitat from Humanity:

Hello,

Thank you for volunteering. I am pleased to accept your service in Bay St. Louis. Attached, you will find additional information about your trip, and a Lagniappe waiver that needs to be filled out and given to the church upon arrival and directions to the church.

I hope that you enjoy your experience. Happy Hammering!

Tameka J. Wimbush
Volunteer Coordinator
Operation Home Delivery
Habitat for Humanity International

So I'm headed down to Bay St. Louis in Mississippi in 3 weeks. Great timing - August in Mississippi... It's about an hour and a half east of New Orleans, and about 15 minutes west of Biloxi. I have no idea what I'll be working on, but according to the email again,

Volunteers should bring: bedding, toiletries, shower shoes, comfortable work clothes, a hat, closed toe shoes, hammer, gloves, nail apron and tape measure.

I like the sound of that! I was thinking about bringing my table saw, (it is portable, after all) but I'm trying to avoid the Department of Homeland Security. Three strikes and all...

Anyway, that's it. I'll post an update before I go and another one when I get back. (I don't imagine we'll have internet access, but who knows?)

Peace in your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home