07 August, 2006

Day 1

Well, today was pretty light. The organization is fairly lax - the people at the Lagniappe church (where I'm staying) didn't really know where I was supposed to be. And there are only 3 other Habitat for Humanity volunteers staying here.

But, we had fun putting up some siding and doing some caulking. Lots and lots of caulking. I did say before I left that I wanted to learn some skills, so that's one down!

Not much else to write about today. The church has air conditioning, and there's plenty of space. They have room for ~250, and I'd guess that there are only 40 here at the moment.

It's been fun so far. The other H4H volunteers and I are headed off to a local bar for a couple drinks and some local food. (We had red beans and rice for lunch - a Mississippi classic.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home