22 July, 2007

Day 14: Insulation and Framing

I wasn't able to start on the drywall and Durock, (apparently, I've been misspelling and mispronouncing the brand name for the last two weeks... oops!) but I did finish the insulation and get some framing in for the sink and potential grab bars in the shower stall. This was actually a suggestion I'd read - there may be a need some day to install grab bars, and it's much easier to install some supports now that the wall is open than to try and retrofit in the future.

Here's the sink support. Even though it's a pedestal sink, it's not free-standing. There's a brace that screws into the supports you can see here, and then the tub sits on that brace.


This is a shot I took of the grab bar supports. I marked down all the measurements for future reference - definitely something to include in the documents for the house when we sell it.


That's it for now. The next few days will be all about installing the drywall and Durock and then taping/mudding.

Fun, fun!

Oh, and good news on the tub - the suggestion from Greg worked like a charm. It's very quiet. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home